So like I said a few posts ago, I was a bridesmaid in a wedding this month. It was the first wedding I’d ever been in, other than my own, and the bride is a very organized Type-A person. I’m not so much with the Type-A, and I was so, so worried that I would do something wrong or get distracted about something and basically just ruin the wedding in her eyes. Everything came out just fine in the end, but there was about a week I was generally just worried, my bridesmaid dress barely zipped, my spring allergies had kicked in, and I was just way. too. stressed.
My husband and I have developed this weird coping mechanism where when I get stressed, we both start buying me makeup. Me, because it’s a security blanket and a distraction, and him, because he figures “Hey, maybe this will cheer her up!” As a result, I came home from wedding travels on Sunday with quite a stress haul that I figured I might as well share with you guys.
There’s quite a bit of stuff here, but let’s see if I can list everything, in no particular order:
- Let’s start at the bottom left, with Revlon Matte Balms (with the two I already own mixed into the pile): Sultry, Complex, Standout, Elusive, Audacious.
- Maybelline Eye Studio duo in Bronze Blowout
- Revlon Leather finish polish in Leather Skinnies
- Revlon Parfumerie polishes in Orange Blossom, Apricot Nectar, and Spun Sugar
- Revlon Pebble texture polish in Mayan Riviera
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Sandstorm
- Sally Hansen Triple Shine in Water Melon, from the Palm Beach Jellies collection
- Sally Hansen XTreme Wear polish in Breezy Blue
- Essie Lux Effects polish in Sparkle on Top
- Rimmel Scandal Eyes waterproof gel liner in Brown
- At the back center, largely obscured by other stuff, is a Revlon Colorburst Balm Stain in Honey
- And finally, at the back right, are Revlon Colorburst Laqueur Balms in Whimsical, Coy, Tease, and Enticing
Not pictured, because I forgot I bought them until I went through my makeup case while doing this post:
- Rimmel Stay Matte primer
- Revlon Laqueur Balm in Ingenue
- Maybelline DreamLumi touch highlighting concealer
- Maybelline Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser
- Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse foundation in Classic Ivory (which I picked up because Small Budget Beauty’s post on it intrigued me)
So yeah. Lots of stuff (largely bought with Extra Care bucks and X% off Coupons – thanks CVS!). Since I now have large chunks of both collections, I’m hoping to do comprehensive posts on the Matte Balms and Laquer Balms within the next week or two.
In the meantime, I’ll leave you guys with a face-of-the-day that I just quickly did using the Maybelline Dream Mousse, Maybelline Dark Circle Eraser, Maybelline Eye Studio duo, Rimmel Scandal Eyes gel liner, and Revlon Matte Balm in Audacious (and just a touch of MAC Dainty blush on my cheeks). Please ignore the patchiness around my mouth – it’s not the foundation, it’s that my skin is so dry there that it’s flaking, and it’s not helped by the fact that I lost my moisturizer somewhere among the many pieces of luggage I haven’t unpacked yet!
I’m not completely sold on whether Audacious flatters me or not – this is my first time trying orange lipstick. What do you guys think?